Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own…….Its Valentine’s Day Readers…..Valentine’s Day normally serves as a day for passion and romance we feel for our partners, love for children, comradeship for friends and most importantly respect for our parents who loved us before anyone else did. So make sure to return the love at least once a year, and Valentine’s Day seems the perfect time to spread the affection.
All of U must be surprised why I am posting so late…but the intention was planned..It happened like that…I was working on the recipes which I wanted to post on valentine’s day as a tribute to all the persons in my life who has contributed to the way I am today..and suddenly my Cellphone beeps…a friend had called me to invite me to the celebration he along with his family is planning for the 50th Marriage Anniversary of his parents….Wow…50th Marriage Anniversary….How Romantic. In such a time when marriages crumbles like a pack of cards, Couples like these teaches howthe secrets of balancing both happiness and struggles wins the life and enjoys the best possible relationship and life. There is no emotion like love, but it comes as a package which includes, respect, care, share, dedication, forgiveness etc.
So this post is dedicated to the sweetest couple….and what best can happen except a rich Eggless Black Forest cake on their 50th Marriage Anniversary…
FOR THE SPONGE CAKE :
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C, grease and line a round pan.
- Shift the all purpose flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cocoa Powder and powdered sugar and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients one by one, oil, milk, beaten yogurt, chocolate essence and lastly hot coffee and give it a good stir so that everything mixes well.
- Now fold in the dry ingredients and mix everything well.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
- let the cake cool down well before frosting.
Making the Sponge Cake:
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C, grease and line a round pan.
Shift the all purpose flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cocoa Powder and powdered sugar and keep aside.
In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients one by one, oil, milk, beaten yogurt, chocolate essence and lastly hot coffee and give it a good stir so that everything mixes well.
Now fold in the dry ingredients and mix everything well.
Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
let the cake cool down well before frosting.
- Frosting and Decorating:
- Cut the whipping cream packet from the top and keep in the refrigerator overnight. I have used the Amul cream for frosting.
- Chill a bowl in the refrigerator where u have to whisk the cream. Take out the bowl and keep over an bowl covered with ice cubes to keep the temperature of the bowl to the minimum level.
- Now take out the excess water form the cream packet and this step is necessary to get a thick whipping cream because if you do not separate the water it will make it runny.
- Now whip the cream with the help of an electric blender for 2 to 3
minutes. Add the powdered sugar and whip till you get a stiff peak. Keep in the refrigerator for use later.
- Once the cake has completely cooled down, take a long serrated knife and slice the cake horizontally into two halves. Do it as neatly as possible. Alternatively, you can use a thread to tie it around the circumference at the level of slicing, knot it and tighten the knot by pulling the ends, till the cake is completely sliced.
- Take the two halves on two plates, with the sliced surface facing up.
- Soak the cherries in 1/2 cup sugar syrup or you can use the canned cherries in place of it.
- Pour this sugar syrup onto the caked halves to make it wet bur do not overdo it. Carefully cover whole of the cake surface.
- Using an spatula, spread the whipped cream onto the soaked surface of the cake slices.
- Deseed and chop 15-20 cherries and spread over the creamy surface of both the slices.
- Now arrange both the slices one above the other with the iced surfaces facing each other.
- Cover the cake with the remaining whipping cream neatly. If you have piping bags and tips you can do some fancy design over the top and place cherries, if you donot have piping bag , just place the cherries above according to your design.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of the cake.
- Chill the cake for few hours, preferably overnight before serving.