Grilled, baked or roasted, this Dark green in colour with crisp and sturdy florets, broccoli is one of the most nutritious vegetables and also, rather exotic.Broccoli is known to be a hearty and tasty vegetable which is rich in dozens of nutrients. It is said to pack the most nutritional punch of any vegetable.Broccoli belongs to the cruciferous vegetable family, which includes kale, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, cabbage, collard greens, rutabaga and turnips. These nutrition powerhouses supply loads of nutrients for little calories.
Health Benefits of Broccoli:
- As Broccoli is rich in dietary fibre, vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, it is highly beneficial to skin.
- Promotes hair growth, by strengthening the hair follicle.
- Prevents cancer due to its anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Helpful in boosting the immunity system.
- Helps in regulating blood pressure, thus preventing heart attack and stroke.
- Helps to maintain a healthy nervous system as it is very rich in potassium.
I always love the convenience of a one-dish meal simmering on the stove top as this is one of those no-fuss hearty comfort food.