Paneer Kheer/ Chena kheer/ paneer payasam is an easy and quick dessert which can be prepared during any special occasion using paneer, milk and dry fruits. If you want to make make a quick and delicious dessert for the coming Ganesh Chaturthi ,Paneer Kheer fits perfectly .
So, go ahead and plan the menu for Ganesh Chaturthi celebration and don’t forget to include this succulent dessert. The list of ingredients for this is quite small as you just need just some milk and paneer and flavour it with cardamom, pistachios, cashew nuts and almonds. Paneer Kheer is a surely one of my favorite desserts for festival menus.
Paneer is a fresh cheese which is very commonly used in Indian cuisine. This can be made by curdling milk with lemon juice, curd or yogurt or citric acid. You can make this dessert with home made paneer or with storebought paneer or cottage cheese. Store bought cottage cheese also gives you a rich mouth-feel and flavour, if you donot have the time to make it at home. This Paneer Kheer is one such recipe which can be made in a jiffy with few ingredients.
Garnishing the kheer with nuts reinforces the kheer with more protein and other nutrients too, making this a wonderful dessert for growing kids and adults too. You can serve it warm or chilled.
Ingredients for Paneer Kheer
- 750 ml full fat milk
- 1 cup freshly grated paneer
- 5 to 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 10 almonds finely sliced
- 10 pistachios finely sliced
- 10 to 15 cashew nuts powdered
- 1 tsp rose water
- In a heavy bottom pan add milk and let it comes to a boil,reduce gas and let it cook on low heat till it is reduced almost half in quantity . Stir in between to avoid sticking at the bottom.
- Powder cashew to a coarse powder with still some small chunks in it. Add cashew to milk .Give it a mix. Add sugar, cardamom powder and give it a boil.
- Then add the crumbled or grated paneer in the milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the rose water and remove from the heat.
- Pour the kheer in the serving bowl and garnish with chopped nuts .
- Serve warm or chilled as per choice and enjoy this delicious Paneer kheer on this Ganesh Chaturthi.