A few weeks back, if anyone would tell me to make ice cream on weekdays , I would have laughed ,but not now with the compact ice cream maker from @kitchenif_india , I can make ice cream on any day of the week as I donot have to churn it every 2 hour to get a soft serve icecream 🍦.
While it is possible to make ice cream without a machine, using an ice cream maker will give you a smoother treat. This is because the churning process helps break up ice crystals, which can make the ice cream grainy. To make this Icecream , you have to make a sweetened base of a cooked mixture of heavy cream and sugar with eggs or corn-starch to help thicken it into a rich custard – which needs to be cooled, then churned in the ice cream maker before freezing. Churning incorporates air and breaks up ice crystals as they form, making the finished ice cream creamy and smooth rather than one icy block.
Let’s get into the Specification:
- AUTOMATIC DIGITAL OPERATION : Built in Digital timer helps the Electric Ice cream maker to function automatically for the Preset time, after which it automatically stops. So No need to wait to switch off & are free to do other work at the same time.
- LARGE 1.5 Liters Capacity Container : Delight your whole family in one go with Fresh Ice Cream or Other Dessert made of Seasonal fruits or other ingredients of your choice in the Digital Ice Cream Maker.
- Free Recipe Book : Kitchenif Ice Cream Machine comes with a Free Recipe Bookso that you can prepare variety of Ice cream.
I made this Expresso Choco chips Ice cream from my Blog with the compact ice cream maker from @kitchenif_india, which comes with a digital timer that simply allows to perfect your icecreams. Now the whole ice cream making process becomes super easy and no one can believe that it’s homemade.The only thing you need to keep in mind is to Freeze the ice cream bowl the night before. If you forgot or didn’t get to freeze the bowl, make the ice cream base first. Put the base into the fridge and the ice cream maker bowl into the freezer. Churn the ice cream the next day.
Ingredients for Expresso Cocochips Icecream
2 cups Amul Fresh cream
1 cup Full Fat milk
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Freeze the Ice Cream container of the Machine in the freezer compartment of your Double Door or Above Refrigerator Freezer for 12-18 Hrs. Single Door Refrigerator will Not Work because the Required Freezing Temperature for the Bowl is not there in a Single Door Refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, mix instant coffee powder with some warm water and keep aside to cool.
- Mix the milk, cream,sugar and salt in a big bowl until smooth. Now add the coffee to the mixture and stir. Cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator until chilled .
- Now switch on the Kitchenif Icecrean Maker. Pour the Ice cream mixture in the machine through the top hole when the machine is on and the paddle is rotating.
- Let the Icecream Makerrun for 20 -25 minutes after which you will notice the mixture has thickened. You might notice, the Machine Paddle is stopping due to stiffness, which is quite normal.
- Now switch off the Icecream maker and Transfer the icecream to a container with lid. Add the chopped chocolate and randomly mix .Cover the container with a cling film or plastic wrap and freeze for 2 to 3 hours.
- If you want your icecream to be of soft serve consistency , then you can serve immediately after churning.
Here is my take on the Kitchenif India Ice Cream Maker Product Review:
- The Product is light and easy to handle where you can make Icecream, Sorbet , Frozen Yogurt and Slush.
- This Icecream Maker comes with a digital timer which you can set for maximum 30 minutes which simply allows to perfect your ice creams.
- Kitchenif Ice Cream Machine comes with a Free Recipe Bookso that you can prepare variety of Ice cream.
- Delight your whole family in one go with LARGE 1.5 Liters Capacity Container to prepare Ice cream.
- You need to have a double door Refrigerator to chill the Container. Single Door Refrigerator will Not Work because the Required Freezing Temperature for the Bowl is not there in a Single Door Refrigerator.
- You need to Freeze the Ice Cream container of the Machine in the freezer compartment of your Double Door or Above Refrigerator Freezer for 12-18 Hrs. This is one huge task I feel because if you forgot or didn’t get to freeze the bowl, You have to make the ice cream base first. Put the base into the fridge and the ice cream maker bowl into the freezer and you can only churn the ice cream the next day.
- The Ice cream you get after churning is of soft serve stage,if you want a firmer consistency, you’ll have to freeze it for another 4 hours.