Punjabi Chicken Curry is a popular Dhaba style dish with rich and flavorful gravy. This Dhaba style Punjabi chicken curry can be made easily at home .The rich gravy is what makes this Curry exotic and appealing. There are various way of making Chicken Curry in Punjabi style but this is one of the easy and quick method.
Most of the Chicken Curry of Indian origin are famous for their rich flavors and the onion tomato gravy. This curry id more like a Dhaba style, where the chicken is cooked in onion tomato gravy and flavored with aromatic spices . This Punjabi chicken curry is a great combination with Pulao, rice or Rotis,and Naan.
For this Chicken Curry I always make sure to use chicken with bones and slight unripe tomatoes for that tartness . The slow cooking of the masala is the secret to this flavorful and spicy chicken curry.Try this home-made Dhaba style chicken curry at your home and enjoy.
- 500 gms chicken with bone
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 onion made into paste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 nos green cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander leaves
- Clean the chicken pieces in running water and drain.add 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt and keep aside for 30 minute.
- Make a paste of coriander, turmeric and red chilli powder and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan,add green cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaf and cumin seeds.when they crackle, add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute. Add onion paste and cook for another one minute.
- Now, add, coriander, turmeric red chilli paste,salt and and cook till oil starts to separate from the masala. Now add the marinated chicken pieces and cook on slow heat till oil starts to separate.
- Now, add finely chopped tomatoes, onions and 1 cup of water and let the chicken comes to a boil. Cover and cook till the chicken is almost done.
- Add garam masala and chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.