Whenever I pass the display ofbananas in the departmental store, I never forget to pick them up. My love for Banana always ends up in piling of Bananas in the fridge. So the best way to use the over ripe banana is to make them into Banana bread which is a type of cake made with mashed bananas, and typically cooked a loaf shape. It is often moist, sweet, and can be described as a quick bread. This classicbanana bread is fluffy, moist, infused with sweet banana flavor, and loved by kids and adults alike.
I love this bread’s moist texture and simple flavor.Banana bread should form a crack down the center as it bakes–a sign the baking soda is doing its job. “This Moist, delicious whole wheat banana bread is perfect for a Valentine’s Day treat.”This bread I bake often and is a perfect Tea time accompaniment for me. I decided to use the banana bread I bake often in making a sweet surprise cake for my Son. He loves Chocolate and for his late night cravings, it seems perfect. Without a delay, let’s check how did I make this cake.
- Now Let’s Learn how to make this cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Grease a bread tin or a rectangular cake pan with some oil.
- Sieve the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg powder, coffee powder, and cocoa powder.
- Cut the bananas into slice and mix with sugar in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas well or puree them with a hand blender.
- Now add the oil to the banana and mix well.
- Fold the flour directly in the bowl containing the mashed bananas and mix everything really well with the milk.
- Pour the bread mixture into the loaf pan and bake at 180 degree C for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
- Once warm or cool remove the bread from the pan. Slice and serve banana bread warm.
- The remaining loaf, you can wrap in a cling film or keep in a box in the fridge.
- For the Chocolate Ganache, break the dark chocolate into a bowl.
- In a pan pour the fresh cream and warm till bubbles appear in the sides. Turn off the heat and pour on the chopped chocolates. whisk them till the chocolate melts completely.
- Now slice the banana bread and take one slice of it and pour a teaspoon of sugar syrup on it.
- Spread a teaspoon of chocolate ganache and place one more bread slices. Repeat the process for two more layers.
- Now cover the bread slices with chocolate ganache and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- For the chocolate hearts, melt the white chocolate on a double boiler and when it melts completely, add a teaspoon of oil in it and whisk well.
- Pour it into a piping bag, and on a parchment paper make some little hearts and let it cool. Once cool, take the hearts out of the parchment paper and keep aside.
- For assembling the cake, take out the cake from the fridge and pace the hearts over it along with some sliced strawberries and serve.