Baked Rasgulla or simply the word Rasagolla brings back so many memories. Rasagolla is one of the recipe which I had posted in the early years of my blogging. When we talk of sweets, the first thing that comes to our mind is the succulent cottage cheese dumplings soaked in sugar syrup. If you are an Odia and loves mitha, then probably this has been an integral part of your life.
Rasgulla is one of the most sought-after and famous sweets of Odisha. It has grown over the years to adopt to various tastes.Initially, it was a white spongy ball dripping with sugar syrup but now you can have many flavoured rasgullas . Rasgulla is made from cottage cheese or “chena” which is then mashed with hands to make it smooth and then cooked in boiling sugar syrup. You can easily make this at home with few basic things and it taste awesome. To know how to make rasagolla at home, check here.
If you love rasgullas, then this Baked Rasgulla will definitely delight your taste bud. The flavors gets boosted during the baking process. Can you believe this is a fire less cooking recipe which I have made for our 102nd Foodie Monday Bloghop event.
Since it is an fireless cooking recipe, you can definitely engage your kids in this process. All you need is some canned rasagolla or leftover rasagolla, some condense milk, milk, milk solids, a hand blender and simply bake for 6 minutes to have this melt in the mouth delicacy.
- 12 nos rosogollas/rasgullas
- 1 cup khoya(milk solids)
- 200 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- a few drops of rose water
- 1 tbsp pistachios for garnishing
- Preheat the oven at 220 degree for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the sugar syrup from the each rasogolla and arrange them on a baking dish and set aside.
- Blend together Khoya(milk solids), milk, condensed milk, rose water and cardamom powder.
- Roll each rasogolla in it and arrange them on the baking tray.Pour rest of the liquid over the rosogollas, making sure to evenly cover them.
- Sprinkle the pistachios on top, and broil for maximum 6 minutes, so that only the top gets browned. If you are using a conventional microwave, then you can grill it for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve hot .