A dish which has accepted worldwide for it’s adaptability and versatile nature, it is none other than the Pizza. When we think of Pizza, we think of Italy simultaneously because Italy is famous for both it’s Pizza and Pasta. Pizza could be thin and thick, cheesy or traditional; it can be made as per your choice. The choice of topings in unlimited from vegetables to meat.Whichever way you make it, it turns out to be yummy.In it’s basic form, pizza is a flatbread, which is later cooked by placing it on a hot stone and seasoned with special herbs. Pizza is made from some simple ingredients like flour, salt, oil and yeast and some herbs.Italian Pizzas have thin crust , whereas American Pizza has thick base.
When it comes to having Pizza , it is my son's favorite food and whenever I have time I try to make this at home for him.For a couple of days, the weather here seems so gloomy and to cheer us up, I decided to made this cheese burst pizza at home which happens to be our 41st Foodie Monday Bloghop theme of #pizzamania.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Resting Time:30 minutes
cooking time: 12 minutes
Yields:2 medium Pizzas
For the Pizza Base
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2tbsp Semolina
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
For the Pizza sauce:
- 12 nos of tomatoes
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 8 to 10 garlic pods finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2tbsp of dried basil leaves
- 1 ½ tbsp of dry Oregano
- 3 tbsp live oil
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
For the Toppings:
- I large onions cut into rings
- 1 Green Bell Pepper cut into rings
- 1 large tomato cut into rings
- 100 gms paneer cubes
- 5 to 6 nos of green olives
- 5 to 6 nos of black olives
- 12 tbsp sweet corns
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Pizza seasonings
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- Basil Leaves for garninshing
Making the Pizza Base:
- In a cup of lukewarm water, add the sugar and yeast. Stir well so that it gets mixed up properly. Cover the container and let it sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. After 15 minutes you will notice the mixture has frothy, then you can use it, or else you have to discard it.
- Mix all purpose flour, semolina, salt, oil and the yeast mixture and mix everything with your hands. You will find the mixture quite sticky. Keep on kneading the dough with the help of greasing your palms with oil so that you can knead the dough properly . After 5 minutes you will notice the dough has becomes soft. Cover with cling film and kept in warm place for minimum 2 hours. After 2 hours you will notice the dough has doubled in volume , that means you are ready with your pizza dough.
Making the Pizza sauce:
- Boil the tomatoes for 10 minutes ad take away from heat. Let it cool. Once cool, blanch them and puree in the blender. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the pan and add the chopped garlic to it and saute for 10 to 15 seconds and then add the chopped onions and cook till onions are translucent. Add the tomato puree, basil leaves, oregano, salt, crushed pepper , vinegar and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or till the sauce thickens a bit. Add sugar and check the seasoning and cook for further 4 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the pizza sauce cools a bit.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree .
- Cut the vegetables and the paneer cubes and add salt, chilli flakes and Italian seasoning to it and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and on a floured surface, flatten them to form a round disk. I keep flatting with the tip of my fingers; you can use the rolling pin also. Brush the parchment paper with olive oil and keep this pizza base on it. Sprinkle generous amount of mozzarella cheese over it and season with chilli flakes and some Italian seasoning and place the other pizza base over it so that the base one gets completely covered. With the help of your finger tips , close the edges properly.
- Now spread the pizza sauce over it, Top it with the vegetables , sweet corn, paneer cubes, olives and spread grated cheese over it.
- Bake the Pizza in the pre heated oven at 200 degree for 12 minutes or till you see the edges turning a little brown.
- Sprinkle seasoning over it and some fresh basil leaves and serve it along with some fizzy beverages.